Temperatures in March 2011 have run with highs in 50s, 60s, and 70s, lows in 30s and 40s. Although we're not in Mentone this month, I've been hearing from friends there that the mountain is blooming out beautifully with Spring flowers. Several have promised photos, but I've not received any yet - if/when I do, I'll add them on this page.
We've owned the cabin for a year and have had many very welcome comments from guests:
- "No complaints!! We enjoyed our stay very much and will refer our friends"
- "I had a wonderful, restful, spirit-restorative time – will be back!"
- "The cabin was just what we needed. The space was great and very convenient. We would
definitely stay again."
- "The best in Mentone - (we have tried a lot!)"
- "We really enjoyed our stay. Loved everything about the cabin. It is so cozy. We felt safe here
and will definitely be coming back with friends. We will recommend this place to anyone
who is coming this way"
And this one received the last week in December, same time as the previous:
- "The Web site paints a much prettier description of town, etc., then what it really is. We are
very disappointed – wasted money."
Guess they can't all be positive. We do try to paint a pretty description of the town, but that's because that's the way we see it. Most seem to really enjoy it, but maybe it's not for everyone.
25% OFF ANY ARTWORK FOR ARTIST RETREAT GUESTS!
(EXCEPT THOSE BY OTHER ARTISTS, MARKED NO DISCOUNT)
To thank our guests, past and future, we're offering a 25% discount on any artwork in the cabin. The art currently on display varies in price from $45 to $200 - discounted to $34 to $150 (plus 8% sales tax). The few that are by artists other than Joyce are not discounted, but are quite reasonably priced without the discount.
If you are or have been a guest and decide you'd like to purchase art, just contact us at 256-603-2404 or email ArtGallery@Mentone.com. Below, we've included photos of the current art (Winter 2011-2012), which changes periodically. When this art is replaced, we'll change the photos on this page.
CLICK ANY PHOTO FOR A LARGER VIEW